Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Farm, Oversize and Specialty Fire Permits.

To apply for a farm, oversize or specialty (i.e. campground) fire permit, please fill in all of the required fields. Upon submitting the form, you will be directed to a confirmation page stating that your application has been received. Within 3 business days you will receive an email from our Fire Prevention Officer, Kristy-Lynn Pankhurst ( who will gather more information (if required), and issue your permit. 

2021 oversize and specialty permits cost $116. Registered farms that are required to burn as part of their "normal farming practices" are eligible for a free oversize and/or general permit, a fee of $37 will apply if a recreational permit is also requested. 

If you do not have an email address, to apply for a permit please contact our Fire Prevention Officer at 905-985-2384 ext. 204. 

Please note: FULL BURN BAN effective April 1, 2021. Update to be posted when the ban has been lifted. 

All burning must be supervised by a capable adult at all times. 

Only one fire is permitted to be burning at a time, unless you are approved for a specialty permit (i.e. a campground). 

Please note that only wood and/or brush are to be burned. As per the Open-Air Burning by-law, no person shall burn any material that is normally collected under the municipality's garbage, blue box or yard waste collection programs. Furthermore, no person shall burn petroleum products, plastic, rubber, household garbage, building material, demolition material or wood by-products. 

A means of extinguishing must be kept readily available at all times.